Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Week 3 EOC: Where are you now and where are you going?

I feel I am at the verge of taking a huge leap into this would, and yet I am scared stiff and unable to make it. It just feels almost sudden, especially after a falling out at the job I was working at, working at a company where I felt my skills were left to rust. So I feel I'm taking in so much information all at once in this class, unable to properly process it, while also learning how to do film (and enjoy it) all over again.

I do want to put together my own video production company and engage in "guerrilla" filmmaking, but I fear that I lack the knowledge or the tricks that can make it work for someone like myself.

At this point, I decided to erase what I had written, which was more vaugeness, and readdress the subject. In the past few days, I've been taking the time to reevaluate myself and try to get back to my roots, as to what I enjoyed in years past and the stuff that got me into film in the first place. Last Thursday, I had suffered a meltdown after frustrations with my portfolio reels, to where I couldn't even get to class and I had to cool off at a bar for a half hour before I could drive home. I had been feeling (and still sort of do) envious of other's portfolio reels, and how relatively little I seem to have.

So, in all honestly, I'm starting from Square One. I'm offering editing and videography services, for pay and portfolio material. And let it grow from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment