Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Week 1 EOC: What sacrifices are you willing to make for your Career?

I feel that these days, I am willing to sacrifice a whole lot for my career, as long as it has a real long-term potential. That means leaving the RHPS cast I am on, quitting my job at Margate, moving to a whole new location, moving away from my family. But I stress that we must have a real long term plan in place for me to do all that, given the big risk involved.

A big factor is that I am also entering a career opportunity that is central in editing, and with a real and professional company. That company must be with the sufficient amount of people that can cover audio editing, graphic design, and the like. As well as management that actually knows what it takes to make productions look good. Yes, that especially includes people who know how to operate a computer, what video files are what, and how to properly focus a camera on video shoots.

And if I am going to give up my life here in Las Vegas for a career opportunity, I would need the proper connections and financial resources and income to set up a new one for myself on my own in the new locale. It'd be nice to be paid well enough to do so, and also know a few people so that you don't know what the devil to do once you get to say, Orlando (god forbid).

So, it really depends on what is worth sacrificing for. If it's for a local opportunity, then you don't need or want to give up much. But if it's a HUGE, big budget gig...yes. You can't just say no. It's a leap of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment